Claims of Copyright Infringement
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If You believe in good faith that materials hosted by Keng City Grid infringe your copyright (for example, materials posted by Keng City Grid or uploaded by a member of the Keng City Grid virtual environment), You (or Your agent) may send Keng City Grid a notice requesting that the material be removed or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information:
(1) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(2) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Keng City Grid Sites or in Keng City Grid Services are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
(3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow Keng City Grid to locate the material on the Keng City Grid Sites and in the Keng City Grid Services;
(4) the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address (if available) of the complaining party;
(5) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
(6) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If You believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed by Keng City Grid against you, the DMCA permits You to send Keng City Grid a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA;
see http://www.copyright.gov for details.
Notices and counter-notices with respect to the KENG CITY Grid Sites should be sent to KENG CITY Grid’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement at:
By E-mail: ANTOINNETTEKENG@GMAIL.COM
Keng City Grid’s Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement should only be contacted for the purposes set forth in this Section. ALL OTHER INQUIRIES DIRECTED TO THE KENG CITY GRID COPYRIGHT AGENT WILL NOT BE ANSWERED.
Example DMCA Form
To Whom It May Concern,
I am writing to you to exercise my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in Â§ 512(c) of the U.S. Copyright Law. I wish to report an instance of what I feel in good faith is Copyright Infringement.
1. The material which I contend belongs to me, and appears illegally on the Service is the following:
<<DESCRIBE OBJECTS/ITEMS INCLUDE IMAGES IF POSSIBLE>>
2. The material appears on the region/location:
<<REGION NAME, X/Y/Z location>>
3. The name of the person that is listed as the creator of the infringing content is:
<<AVATAR NAME OF PERSON SHOWN AS CREATOR OF INFRINGING CONTENT>>
4. My contact information is as follows:
<<NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL>>
5. I have a good faith belief that the use of the material that appears on the service is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or by operation of law.
6. The information in this notice is accurate, and I am either the copyright owner or I am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
I declare under the perjury laws of the United States of America that this notification is true and correct.
Signed: <<YOUR REAL LIFE NAME>> <<DATE>>